Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Luna Lovegood Luna Lovegood

and the Watch of Doom and the Watch of Doom

Page 19

by

James E. Pettis

Chapter Three

Familiar Preparations

Chapter Three:  Familiar Preparations
Please leave a critical comment!
Some of my concerns:
  • Is it really that ugly?
  • Is it difficult to read?
  • Can you see the Roman numeral “I”?

It seemed like a million things needed to be done.  First was to return a letter of acceptance, and in his great excitement Xenophilius could not wait on breakfast.  He was so flustered that he couldn’t write a single sentence without making a mistake.  The urgency of the moment had also replaced Luna’s appetite, so she volunteered to pen the letter.  Even then, it took several attempts as her father, dictating, kept making changes in an effort to collect his thoughts.  Finally, though, the task was done.  Xenophilius signed the letter with a flourish abbreviated by his emotion.  Luna then addressed, sealed and set aside the envelope for the post office.  Only when finished could they settle down enough to eat their now-cold breakfast.

They spent the rest of the morning discussing the remaining things that needed to be done.  First in importance was the trip to London to purchase school supplies.  Xenophilius reminded her that they would not have a book list until August, and making two separate trips was pointless.  The next major task was packing but, other than her winter clothes, that was best left until after she had obtained her supplies.

Please leave a critical comment!
Some of my concerns:
  • I’m unhappy with the line that Xenophilius “kept making changes in an effort to collect his thoughts.”  Can you think of a better way to say this?
  • Are you bored yet?  Don’t worry — it gets better.
If you would like a response to your comments or have questions, please e-mail your questions or comments to me at the address email@life-after-harry-potter.com.
Page 19
Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of all of the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, but especially the first two, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site