Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Luna Lovegood Luna Lovegood

and the Watch of Doom and the Watch of Doom

Page 33

by

James E. Pettis

Chapter Four

The Library of Magic

Chapter Four:  The Library of Magic
Please leave a critical comment!
Some of my concerns:
  • Is it really that ugly?
  • Is it difficult to read?

After Xenophilius had cast his spell, the white raven became Vega1 Lovegood.  Luna had sent a letter to Hogwarts requesting permission to bring the unusual bird, and permission had been granted.  In the weeks since, her first feathers had come in and Luna had helped her learn to fly.  However, the fledgling was only able to speak a few words, mostly to do with food, despite Luna reading to her daily from The Quibbler.  “She’s very young,” her father had told her.  “Be patient, be persistent, and give her time.”

The familiar was thoroughly devoted to her mistress.  Only occasionally would she leave Luna’s sight for a brief jaunt out the bedroom window.  Otherwise, they were practically inseparable.  When Luna was milking the cow or feeding the chickens, Vega was perched in the loft or on the roof of the barn, keeping watch.  When Luna was in the garden, Vega was hopping about looking for tasty insects to gobble.  When Luna was preparing a meal, Vega stood nearby, watching every morsel of food hungrily but restraining her natural greed.  The raven even ate at the table with the two humans now, having learned proper manners in a surprisingly short time.

Please leave a critical comment!
Some of my concerns:
  • Are there any words here that you find unusual or “adult?”
If you would like a response to your comments or have questions, please e-mail your questions or comments to me at the address email@life-after-harry-potter.com.
Page 33
Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of all of the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, but especially the first two, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site