Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Luna Lovegood Luna Lovegood

and the Watch of Doom and the Watch of Doom

page i

by

James E. Pettis

Introduction

This story occurs during the time covered by the second book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  This fan fiction recounts the adventures of Luna Lovegood during her first year at Hogwarts.  However, portions of this story are drawn from all of the Harry Potter books.  In order to enjoy this story fully, you should read all of these other books first.  However, it is essential for a full appreciation of this story that the reader first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale. 

James E. Pettis, June 2008

Preface

This is the evaluation presentation of my first full-length Luna Lovegood fan fiction.  My intention is to provide a story that does not deviate from J. K. Rowling’s stories in any way.  With this in mind, I have set up this site for the express purpose of having persnickety Harry Potter experts criticize my writing, my characterization, my details, my spelling, my grammar:  in short, to tell me at every stage why my story is not as good as Rowling’s.  My sincerest hope is that the readers of this story will inform me of every little thing that makes this tale unworthy to stand beside the real Harry Potter books.

The length of story on each web page is very close to the length of a page of text in the early U.S. hardbound editions.  Areas have been set up at the middle and end of every page so that you can tell me why you didn’t like it, how it was wrong, or simply that I should remove the miserable advertisements.  Please remember that I am looking for criticism here.  Compliments are nice, but they won’t improve the story.  Don’t feel obligated to address my “concerns.”  These are provided merely to give you some ideas about what to criticize in each section.  Comments are not received until you click one of the navigation buttons on the bottom of the page, i.e. the left and right arrow buttons.  So, please use the navigation buttons.

You may leave your e-mail in a comment if you desire a response, and you may leave me your Yahoo! Answers ID if you prefer (mine is JimPettis).  Thank you for reading this, and especially for your critical, not-pulling-any-punches evaluation.

 
Home
Fan Fiction Home
Next
page ii
page i
Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of all of the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, but especially the first two, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site