Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Interrupting McGonagall Interrupting McGonagall

Page 1

by

James E. Pettis

Introduction

This story occurs during the time covered by the second book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  This fan fiction takes place at the very beginning of the school year.  However, the the main character that appears in this fan fiction is from other Harry Potter books, particularly books five through seven, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Finally, the bulk of the setting for this story is adapted from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.  In order to enjoy this story fully, you should read all of these other books first.

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale. 

James E. Pettis, May 2008

The Entrance Hall

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

The knocker echoed with every strike, and before the last echo faded the doors swung open.  On the other side stood a tall witch in emerald-green robes.  What little of her hair could be seen beneath her matching, pointed, wide-brimmed hat was black, and she was wearing a pair of square spectacles.  Like those spectacles, her face was square and hard.  Luna thought that she must be at least fifty years old.

I’ll bet she colors her hair, she thought to herself.

“Professor McGonagall,” began their guide, “I have the firs’ years, safe and sound.”

“Thank you, Hagrid,” she replied.  “I will take them from here.”

Luna’s mind was racing.  McGonagall!  That was the name on the letter of acceptance, the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts.  She suspected that it was more than mere coincidence that her robes and the ink of the letter were the same deep shade of green.  Probably it was a preference, perhaps one with magical significance.

The professor led the crowd of new students into the Entrance Hall.  It was an enormous room, well-lit by torches, with a ceiling at least several stories high.  The walls and floor were built of finished gray stone blocks.  An extravagant marble staircase led upward in front of them.  To the right lay a wide doorway, and from it issued a murmur of what must be hundreds of voices.  Their new guide passed through a doorway on the left, and the students were forced to cut short their examination of the hall.

 
Home
Fan Fiction Home
Next
Page 2

Page 1

Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site