Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Interrupting McGonagall Interrupting McGonagall

Page 2

by

James E. Pettis

A Warm Welcome

Luna, once again in the rear of the pack, managed to push her way into the now-crowded room.  Professor McGonagall checked to make certain that the last of the students had entered, then closed the door and turned to face them.  Finding herself in a position to study their guide more closely, Luna noticed that her beady eyes had the same shade of emerald green as her clothing.  Aha!  One mystery solved!

“Welcome to Hogwarts,” began Professor McGonagall.  “The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall…”1

It sounded to Luna as if the professor had given this particular speech, unchanged, at least twenty times.  But her accent!  Though mild, it was definitely Scottish.  Thrilled, Luna raised her hand to its full extent.


1  Page 114, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

An Innocent Question

The professor appeared taken by surprise.  She finished her well-rehearsed sentence haltingly:  “…you will be…sorted…into your Houses.  You have a question, Miss…?”

“Luna Lovegood,” she replied.

“Miss Lovegood, what is it?”

“I was wondering if you’ve seen the Fomorians,“ inquired Luna.

“The Fomorians…,” replied the professor softly, struggling to change mental gears after having begun her speech.

“Yes,” continued Luna in explanation.  “They’re a race of invisible Irish giants.”

There were a few stifled laughs from the crowd behind her.

 
Previous
Page 1
Next
Page 3

Page 2

Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site