Life After Harry Potter
Life After H P
Home

Keeping Score Keeping Score

Page 2

by

James E. Pettis

Keeping Score

Harry, stunned, never had a chance to get a word in.  Fortunately, Mr. Weasley was there, sitting in a comfortable chair and reading The Daily Prophet.  “Molly, let the boy breathe!  He’s here for Ginny, not for us.  Besides, he’s not permitted to speak about Ministry business.”

“Oh, pooh.  Harry doesn’t mind, do you dear?"

Harry shook his head numbly and Mrs. Weasley seated him — strategically, he thought, on the sofa beside her own chair.  She continued to grill him about anything and everything, pausing only to let him answer very briefly or to sing his praises to Arthur.  Once, Mr. Weasley looked up from his paper, caught Harry’s eye and nodded once, smiling slightly.  Harry smiled to himself in response:  Mr. Weasley had seen others subjected to this, and they had survived.

Suddenly, as if by magic, Ginny appeared on the stairway.  She looked radiant, and she was smiling.  She was wearing a pale blue dress that flowed down her like a fountain of cool water.  It was several moments before Harry realized that he was still seated, his mouth hanging open stupidly.  He rose swiftly, stumbling on a pouf, cleared his throat and said, “Hi.”  He felt like a dope.

“Hi, Harry,” she replied sweetly.  “Are those for me?”

He stopped staring at her long enough to look down and see what it was she was talking about.  Flowers!  Right!  “Er, yeah, I hope you like them.”  He held them out to her.

Vaguely, as if from a great distance, he heard Mr. Weasley in the background saying, “Now, come on, Molly.  Let’s give them a moment.”

If you would like a response to your comments or have questions, please e-mail your questions or comments to me at the address email@life-after-harry-potter.com.
Previous
Page 1
Next
Page 3
Page 2
Valid XHTML 1.1! Valid CSS! Page design by

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros.  Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J. K. Rowling.  All rights reserved.  All uses of material subject to these copyrights on this site are used without permission.  All material presented here is intended solely for the enjoyment of the reader and is not authorized for copy or resale.  To fully enjoy this story, the reader should be in possession of all of the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, but especially the last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Any and all copyright priveleges not belonging to the aforementioned, including the entirety of this web site design and content, are copyright © 2007-2008 by James E. Pettis This page copyright © 2008 by James E. Pettis

About this web site